Yes, to answer the question “Can you juice Spinach in a Masticating Juicer?” is yes!
Many people believe that they cannot juice Spinach in a Masticating Juicer, however it is fairly simple!
We want the juicing process to go as quickly and efficiently as possible so we do not have any clogs or jams. Also, we want to make sure our pulp looks as fresh as can be when we are done with our leafy greens, celery and other vegetables so we avoid using a centrifugal juicer for this particular recipe.
Can you Juice Spinach in a Masticating Juicer – What to Consider?
Centrifugal juicers have a faster juicing process but the final product is very wet and slimy, it does not present well on your plate.
Given that we want to use a Masticating Juicer for this recipe to get maximum nutrition out of our leafy greens without having them oxidize while they are being juiced, we must be selective in what kind of leafy green vegetable we use.
We do not want our spinach or kale turning yellowish-green after 1 minute into the juice cycle as that means they will oxidize quickly and lose their nutritional value. In fact, there were experiments done with spinach where a centrifugal juicer was used and then an hour later only 40% of it’s original nutrients were still in the juice and 60% had oxidized.
The masticating juicer does a great job with spinach so that’s what our recipe will be using. Keep in mind when we are deciding our ingredients to use they should all be very, very cold. If you do not have enough of a supply for your juicer feel free to make 2 batches back-to-back or add ice to extend the amount of time your produce will last before oxidation sets in!
Why Not a Centrifugal Juicer?
Although a centrifugal juicer is often cheaper, faster and easier to use, we like the idea of our produce being as healthy as possible. Therefore, in many cases we would rather not compress or force the juice through the heavy blade system in this type of machine.
If the machine is not operating at it’s highest potential, then the juice could still have many vital nutrients that were left undigested in the process.
The masticating juicer will yield a higher quality juice because it doesn’t use such a heavy blade to produce its results. With a slower, steady pace you’ll get more out of your leafy greens and vegetables!
We are also looking for a higher quality of juice that has more nutritional value along with fewer oxidized nutrients after they have been extracted from their plant cell structures. A masticating juicer preserves maximum enzymes and minerals during the process so you can be sure your juice will still taste fresh tomorrow!
Also, although the masticating juicer tends to take longer than a centrifugal one (upwards of 90 seconds), it is definitely worth it! You will notice that there is very little foam at the top of your juice, unlike some of the centrifugal juicers out there.
What Juicer is Best for Spinach?
If we want to juice spinach fast with a masticating juicer, what kind do we use? The Omega J8006HDS Quiet Dual-Stage Masticating Juicer is a great example because it can take on these leafy greens and make them taste delicious! It also saves time by not having any long pre-set times or settings that would raise oxidation levels in our juices so one less thing to worry about!
- INDUSTRY LEADING 15-YEAR coverage on parts and performance
- LONGER LASTING JUICES - Using a low speed of 80 RPMs results in minimal heat buildup and oxidation promoting healthy enzymes
- BOOST YOUR IMMUNITY - Cold press juicing is one of the most effective ways to easily access nutritious enzymes and antioxidants that boost immunity and enhance overall health.
- HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS JUICES - Extracts the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, taste and juice from minimum amounts of celery, carrots, leafy greens and other fruits, vegetables, or wheatgrass.
- NUTRITION SYSTEM - Turn nuts into nut butter, extrude pasta, grind Coffee and spices, mince herbs and garlic, make baby food and frozen desserts, and whip up soy milk in a flash
Last update on 2022-05-27 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How Do We Juice Spinach?
Here are the steps you should take when using the Omega J8006HDS Quiet Dual-Stage Masticating Juicer for Spinach: (You can refer to the manual for more information as well)
- Pick out your organic Spinach and wash it to get rid of any dirt or other unwanted residue.
- Chop up your Spinach into smaller pieces so that it can be easily digested and broken down by the juicer.
- You will also want to make sure that you juice the spinach last because of its high water content (95%). So if you have already squeezed breadfruit through your masticating juicer recently, wait at least two minutes before adding in the spinach!
- Take a small handful of leaves and give them one fast twist with your hands over the chute (or opening) of your juicer to break up the stems and get everything going.
- You will want to do this for each handful of Spinach as it is quite a fast process! Once you have added them in, juice away until your mixture looks like green juice with no coloration whatsoever!
- The foam that builds up below your juicer chute will be white due to the low amount of chlorophyll content in spinach, unlike other green juices which are usually darker.
- When you are done juicing your Spinach, pour the juice into a glass and enjoy immediately to make sure all of those nutrients locked inside get absorbed by your body as fast as possible!
- And there you have it, a masticating Juicing tip on how to juice spinach. Enjoy your Spinach Juice!
Yes, you can juice spinach in a masticating juicer. Although it will not produce the highest yields from this vegetable, you will still get some high quality green juices from your leafy greens that way! Just make sure to follow our tips and have fun with it!
If you would like to see how other green vegetables such as kale or lettuce can be enjoyed using a masticating juicer, check out our article on “Top 10 Best Masticating Juicers for Leafy Greens 2021“.
Disclaimer: These articles are contributed by our members who practice healthy living and share with others to inspire them too. Please consult a registered health care practitioner before being a part of any health organization or program for your injuries or disease conditions. The matter discussed in the contents above is at your own risk and we disclaim it.
PLEASE COMMENT, LIKE & SHARE THIS PAGE FOR ALL YOUR FRIENDS WHO NEED INFORMATION ON HEALTHY LIVING…