Are you new to the juicer world? Bit confused; which one to buy between Masticating vs. Centrifugal Juicer? Which will be better for you? As there are various types of juicers in the market, confusion may arise in you. But, don’t worry, it’s not rocket science. We will show you some basic characteristics of juicers that will help you select the right juicer for you, especially between Masticating & Centrifugal juicers.
We will inform you about the model, merits, and demerits of centrifugal and masticating juicers for your better understanding. Through this discussion, you will get the necessary information to select the right one for you.
Basic differences between Masticating & Centrifugal Juicers
There are some fundamental differences between Masticating & a Centrifugal juicer. However, in recent times, these two types of juicer are most common & popular in our kitchen for their lucrative price, working process, speed, quality, noise, food waste, etc.
Let’s take a look at their differences below.
The word Masticate means to grind or chew something. Through this, we get an idea of an image of the process of masticating juicer. Masticating juicers are also renowned for its feature as gear juicer, slow juicer & auger juicer. It masticates typically fruits and vegetables that are put into them.
The average speed of a Masticating juicer is around 100 RPM (rotation per minute). Many masticating juicers are slower than that, almost like cold press juicers. That’s why it is on the list of slow juicers.
That’s why it generally works slowly but powerfully. It crushes & grinds fruits and vegetables with great force and squeezes them to the last drop of juice. It uses very little heat & works very slowly that helping to produce your desired juice.
Through Masticating juicers, you can get cost-effective juice. It also tends to yield decent quantities of juice.
- Masticating juicer has a lovely quality of the silent working system. It doesn’t produce noise. This quality makes masticating juicer popular to its user.
- As it is a slow juicer like cold press juicers, it produces high-quality juice without using much heat or oxidation through its steadiness. Like cold-pressed juice, the juice produced by masticating juicer is also nutritious.
- You can store the juice for at least 72 hours made by Masticating juicer.
- The juice made from a Masticating juicer creates a little foam. Most people don’t like foam while drinking juice.
- Fruits & leafy greens vegetables are the best ingredients for a Masticating juicer. It can handle celery, spinach, kale, etc., for juicing. Even in the case of wheatgrass, it is effective.
- The name itself indicates its slowness. Nobody typically wants to waste a long time making juice.
- It is a bit heavier & bulky than other juicers. That makes it challenging to port easily from here to there.
- As it is a bit costly, not everyone affords it. It can cost you up to 300$.
We often call it a fast juicer & sometimes it is called Centrifugal force juicer. It is also a common & straightforward type of juicer that we use for our home. It is also one of the cheapest but most effective juicers on the market.
For their power & speedy juicing system. Here is the difference between it with Masticating juicer.
It chops and blends fruits and vegetables with a series of spinning blades. It chops & blends fruits and vegetables at high speed. It also directs the juice & the product in the different sides when separating the juice. This type of juicer also has a wider feeding tube to save your time. Thu it makes juices more quickly than a typical juicer.
A Centrifugal juicer has a speed of around 16000 RPM (rotation per minute). This makes it faster than other juicers.
- You may have a lot of choices as a customer. But you have to remember a quality about the product & that is its availability. It is one of the most significant benefits of a Centrifugal juicer. It is widely available & you can get it from almost every market.
- If you want to make your juice within the shortest period, you are indeed looking for a centrifugal juicer. Because it is a fast juicer.
- Another essential thing is its price. It is cheaper than most other juicers. Around 170$, you can get a modest Centrifugal juicer. So it is easily affordable.
- It produces a lot of foam while juicing. Most of the drinkers don’t like foam in their juice. A Centrifugal juicer tends to produce foam while extracting juices.
- It’s not an ideal juicer for the leafy green vegetables. It can’t extract much juice from them. It’s a disadvantage of a fast juicer.
- One more thing to be remembered. It is a bit noisy. While juicing creates a lot of sounds that can bore you or your neighbor.
Masticating vs. Centrifugal Juicer: Which one to Buy?
Depending on the above discussion, it is difficult to say which one is better between masticating and centrifugal juicers because both offer you some advantages & some disadvantages too.
But we will surely suggest you pick up that one which goes with your need the best. That’s it.